Are you an experienced engineer, on top of the facts? Do you know how to stand your ground and convince others? And do you wan to further develop your engineering and management skills while working for this big player in the semiconductor industry? Then continue reading!
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, your day-to-day tasks can be divided in three parts; early supplier involvement, new product introduction and supplier development.
Early Supplier Involvement
- Participate in D&E (Design & Engineering) projects in early design phases to secure Design-for-Manufacturing and technology availability from suppliers;
- Challenge design with capabilities in the supply chain;
- Review design specifications on manufacturability;
- Facilitate early supplier involvement at new products and processes.
New Product Introduction
- Execute the NPI deliverables (SoW, FMEA, TAS, PER, TCD, PQR): Manufacturing Flow, Process FMEA, Determine test tools and Test Coverage, First Article Inspection & Evaluation Report, Supplier Output Control, test standards;
- Support suppliers with difficult manufacturing issues (e.g. yield and quality improvement);
- NPI Supplier Selection (through auditing).
- Member of the SAT, with deliverables on Quality and Technology;
- Validate Q and T targets and actuals for supplier;
- Manage suppliers towards Competitive Performance (Q, T) during NPI and assure proper continuation of Q and T performance during volume phase;
- Manage Processes at suppliers to world class efficiency and effectiveness during NPI phase and assure proper handover to volume supply chain;
- Consult on and attune improvement proposals at suppliers. Initiate actions to ensure implementation and execution at supplier during NPI phase and assure proper transfer to volume supply chain.
Implement improvements actions at supplier on quality complaints and nonconforming products during NPI phase.
ASML is world market leader in the development and production of high tech lithography machines for the semiconductor industry.
The mission of the Supplier Quality Engineer NPI is to create an “able and enabled” team to bridge between ASML suppliers and ASML Development and drive co-design activities. Support ASML’s outsourcing strategy to increase ASML flexibility and focus on the ASML added value.
- Drive technological aspects between development programs and suppliers.
- Drive technological challenges and requirements to the supplier;
- Develop suppliers in new production techniques/parts/products;
- Increase leverage of supplier technology & processes into the ASML design project (early supplier involvement of supplier in design for manufacturing);
- Professionalize outsourcing management as part of the Supplier Account Teams (SAT’s) and strategic product family team.