MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The purpose of the Demand Planner job is twofold, as the planner has responsibility for the forecast as well as an important business partner role in processes that are executed in close cooperation with Marketing, Sales, Finance and Trade Category Management. This leads to an exciting balance between number crunching (making analysis and action plans) and stakeholder management based on strong relations.
The forecasting part means responsibility for the total volume forecast over different business categories for a rolling horizon of 24 months. The main focus is on the horizon of 0 – 12 months providing the business with a robust rolling volume forecast using category market intelligence. The Demand Planner is the driver of the volume forecast in the S&OP process (Business Forecast Process).
The second part is the business partner role in which the planner is responsible from SC perspective for the execution of projects on the local market (Go to market phase) in close cooperation with Marketing, Sales, Master Data, Trade Category Management, Finance and the local & European Supply Chain. As the planner is such an important pin in this web, clear communication is essential in order to succeed.
Supply Chain MCO:
• Responsible for KPI’s as Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias, Dispatch Rate and Obsoletes
• Managing appropriate stock levels, driven by forecast improvements
• Further development and implementation of the SC Strategy within Benelux
Innovation / relaunches
• Translate the innovation forecast for the full horizon (0-24 months) in APO.
• Represent MCO Supply Chain in Innovation project/ launch meetings for Go to market
• Check feasibility of timings and production capacity of innovations and relaunches.
• Translate phasing in and out plan in the planning system in cooperation with the Supply Chain Operations and Customer teams.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Trade Category Management, Brand Building, and Finance business partners for forecast optimization purposes and perfect execution of product launches.
• Understanding the emotion of the business in order to communicate and distribute the correct information to the business (develop a high degree of business sense)
• Provide transparency about potential risks and obsolete regarding innovations, delisting’s and relaunches.
• Focus on prevention and solving of obsoletes (including approval of the business).
• Represent Supply Chain with respect to obsolete related topics.
To be a successful Demand Planner, you have the following:
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to manage on a high level
• A structured way of working
• Passion for building and improving relationships cross countries and cross functions within a complex multinational environment
• Knowledge of systems, e.g. SAP/ APO / BW
• Operational experience in and knowledge of the Supply Chain
• Experience in the area of FMCG is preferred
• Languages: fluent English, fluent Dutch Some
Transnational consumer goods company with British-Dutch roots, well-known for its quality products in a variety of range, from home care to foods and beverages.
Please note that this is a temporary job starting in January, for at least 6 months. Salary range indication for Demand Planner remains between €40.000-€50.000/year for a temporary contract, depending on the experience and qualifications.
For more information please contact Wesley van Dorresteijn via Wesley.van.Dorresteijn@experis.nl or call 06-46928201. Please complete your application in English.