The customer service representative is responsible for the complete order handling, from SAP master data maintenance to order receipt up until and including the delivery to the customer in a reliable way (according the Apollo OTC principle).The customer service representative works actively together with one or more area sales managers (situated in the Netherlands, USA or Asia) and in one or more business segments to deliver products to the customers within the area of the ASM
Key areas of accountability
- Order handling: Responsible for correct and on time capturing and processing of the orders to the point of delivery to the customer against agreed upon service levels to generate maximum turnover. This includes preparation of information and documents needed for the customers.
- Quality of relation with the customer on operational order processing level: to provide the customers with the best service in terms of responsiveness, quality of attention and sensitivity level
- Contact with other departments: Responsible for establishing and maintaining efficient working relations with employees in adjacent departments, corporate departments, internal departments and external parties.
- In times of product allocation: Allocation gatekeeper
- Order To Cash process: Responsible for working according to the Apollo OTC work process principle in order to optimise efficiency.
- Maintaining SAP customer master data.
- Customer Sales Prices: Responsible for documenting the customer sales prices on customer/material level to ensure that an order does not block on absence of the price.
- Rebates/Commissions: Responsible for correctly and on time processing of rebates and commissions so that these financial commitments become part of the financial statements. Responsible for generating the quarterly/yearly calculation of payable commission/rebates and processing them through the various steps (authorisation by ASM, creation of credit memo, release by Business Manager, payment by Financial Department).
- Complaint handling: Responsible for documenting customer complaints when received. Also responsible for the handling of customer complaints, that could have been prevented by the customer service representative. Object is to have the complaints investigated as thoroughly and speedily as possible and to define preventive measures.
- SHE: Responsible for complying to internal and external SHE rules and regulations and complying to the Injury free Program
- Continuous Improvement: Active contribution to continuous improvement in the above-mentioned areas
- Create sales order and confirm sales order to customer (within given boundary conditions of sales plan/allocation plan, SAP checks on price, availability, customer credit limit)
- Assign non A-quality boxes to the order (within the boundary conditions of the agreement of the customer).
- Create the delivery and start the shipment process at the Logistical Service Providers.
- Deciding on and implementing of any action deemed to be necessary to solve problems surrounding an order and delivery to the customer.
- Maintain customer master data.
- Create debit and credit memo requests.
- Create customer complaint. Investigate the root cause of a customer complaint, document the findings and propose a preventive measure.
- Document rebate and commission agreements.
- Maintain customer sales prices.
- Create certain export documents such as ATR, Eur1, fumigation certificate.
- Most authorisations are directly connected to the SAP system.
Complexity of the position is that it is a service department to support the sales and marketing division. The Customer Service department works for customers all over the world, in cooperation with area sales managers stationed in Netherlands, USA and Asia and with Logistic Service Providers in the Netherlands and USA. This means dealing with culture differences, time differences and a high amount of written communication, thus creating a high strain on good communication skills.