Our client is currently looking for Site Reliability Engineers. The SRE Teams supports the systems that provide a best-in-class hosting platform. You are responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining complex solutions to meet the needs of the business and the customers. We are looking for individuals with demonstrated initiative who take pride in their work.
- Interfacing with customers on subject matters;
- Managing proper customer expectations;
- Day to day maintenance and upkeep of existing server fleet;
- Update, test, and support software provisioning systems;
- Work with internal customers to create and deploy solutions for new and existing services;
- Configure and deploy systems to support new datacentre expansion;
- Work with support and development teams to troubleshoot complex problems;
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation and actively respond to escalations and alerts;
The team is working in 3 shifts (day/afternoon/night). The work days are from Sunday – Thursday or from Tuesday – Saturday. You must have availability to work all 3 shifts.
What are we expecting from you?
- Expertise in managing and operation of IT hardware, software, communications, and/or application solutions, and the resources required to plan for, develop, deliver, and support properly engineered IT services and products to meet the needs of a business;
- The scope of this job role includes preparation for new or changed services and maintenance of regulatory, legal, and professional standards, management of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, and management of bought-in services including, for example, public network, virtual private network, and outsourced services. Typical examples of the deliverables are service-level reporting, risk, and contingency planning. SREs who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services and implementation environment;
- The employee focuses on individual/team/department/ operational objectives;
- Display professional knowledge related to incumbent's department or function;
- Stay engaged as an independent professional with proven ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches;
- The ability to recognize problems related to project objectives;
- Show creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems;
- Independently generate solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge;
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions;
- Works on individual and/or team special projects;
- Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization;
- Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs;
- Accountable for individual, team, or department results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities;
- Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses;
- Must have flexible shift availability, including nights and weekends.
Professional and technical expertise:
- Linux experience is required and Windows experience is preferred. Preferably you also have experience with Xen, General virtualization and VMWare.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in customer relations
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in systems administration
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in troubleshooting
- Minimum 4 years' experience in enterprise level datacentre infrastructure management
- English Speaker required;
- Additional languages is a plus.
Over het bedrijf
Would you like to work in an innovative, inspiring and vivid organization? Do you get a kick out of solving complicated incidents and are you eager to solve these for example by troubleshooting? Then Experis is looking for you!
Experis is offering an interesting position at one of the largest international server, hosting and cloud computing providers in the world who just started to set foot in Amsterdam!
Relocate to Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
This position is open to candidates with a European citizenship. The office is based in Amsterdam which made it to the top 20 of the 100 best cities in the world to live in. Amsterdam itself has a population of around 800,000 people and is home to thousands of expats and international workers. We understand moving to a different country can be challenging, but don’t worry we will help you as much as we can with IND procedures, 30% ruling and basic information about all the things you have to arrange before you can start working in The Netherlands.
What does our client offer?
- International and innovative environment;
- Working in a multicultural team;
- Working with the latest technologies;
- The company will provide you with possibilities to develop yourself to another position within the IT team;
- A competitive salary, compensation for working in 24/7 shifts and 8% holiday allowance per year.
Interested or do you want more information about the role, contact Kelly Kolsteeg via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +316-46928531.
Vul je email adres in om deze vacature naar jezelf te sturen