Our client is looking for a Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator II with the ability to complete assignments in a high volume, dynamic environment. This position is focused on the shared development and management of internal infrastructure of physical and virtual hosts. This is a great opportunity for technical growth and acquiring new skill sets. Troubleshooting and supporting many of clients products and tools is a strong aspect of this role, and will allow for innovative ideas to improve performance, issue mitigation, and workflow. The perfect candidate will have experience with Linux/UNIX, as well as exposure to multiple aspects of technology. This role requires the ability to adapt to change, continuously improving the services they offer as the premier hosting provider.
- Responsible for all aspects of management, administration, and support of internal Linux/UNIX based infrastructure
- Assist other departments in engineering highly scalable solutions for new and existing services
- Provide feedback to architects regarding any issues that present themselves
- Manage multiple projects with various priority levels and time lines from start to finish
- Act as escalation point for internal support departments in resolving a wide variety of customer facing issues regarding environment deployment, service issues, and technical questions
- Consistently meet deadlines for complex issues and new projects involving multiple teams
- Demonstrate best practices in all aspects of administration
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services
- Continuously stay abreast of new developments in supported operating systems to ensure consistent compatibility with established infrastructure
- Must collaborate with other departments to resolve complex issues and be detail oriented
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 year systems administration experience in a production environment;
- Minimum of 5 year experience troubleshooting;
- Extensive knowledge of XenServer Hypervisor platform
- Fundamental knowledge of network concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality;
- Basic knowledge of Apache;
- Scripting language experience such as i.e. Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python
- Experience with Git Hub
- Must be able to work in the Netherlands without sponsorship
- English Speaker required, any additional languages is a plus
- Minimum of 6 years’ system administration experience in a production environment;
- Minimum of 6 years’ troubleshooting complex problems;
- Experience with Operating Systems such as: CentOS, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, FreeBSD, XenServer, VMware ESXi, Windows Server;
- Experience with Kickstart, Preseed, AutoYAST, BSDinstall, DHCP, PXE/TFTP, system, XML, XSLT;
- Experience using automation tools such as Chef, Fabric, Puppet, Ansible to deploy and configure environments;
Over het bedrijf
Would you like to work in an innovative, inspiring and vivid organization? Do you get a kick out of solving complicated incidents and are you eager to solve these for example by troubleshooting? Then Experis is looking for you!
Experis is offering an interesting position at one of the largest international server, hosting and cloud computing providers in the world who just started to set foot in Amsterdam!
Relocate to Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
This position is open to candidates with a European citizenship. The office is based in Amsterdam which made it to the top 20 of the 100 best cities in the world to live in. Amsterdam itself has a population of around 800,000 people and is home to thousands of expats and international workers. We understand moving to a different country can be challenging, but don’t worry we will help you as much as we can with IND procedures, 30% ruling and basic information about all the things you have to arrange before you can start working in The Netherlands.
What does our client offer?
- International and innovative environment;
- Working in a multicultural team;
- Working with the latest technologies;
- The company will provide you with possibilities to develop yourself to another position within the IT team;
- A competitive salary, compensation for working in 24/7 shifts and 8% holiday allowance per year.
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature neem dan contact op met Kelly Kolsteeg via email@example.com of bel 06-46928531.
Vul je email adres in om deze vacature naar jezelf te sturen